We demand that along with the demonetization move, the Government should announce the following measures:
- A robust system to identify and confiscate the black money that is stashed in the form of benami properties, shares and gold.
- A ban on “tax havens” like Mauritius and P-Notes that are used to convert black money into white money.
- For stopping use of black money in politics, political parties should be brought under ambit of RTI; BJP and all political parties should be made to disclose all details of cash donations; and Congress and BJP should be penalized for accepting foreign donations.
- In the current session of Parliament, the conspiracy to make the anti-corruption laws ineffective should be stopped by consensus of all political parties.
- For independent inquiry into corruption in high offices, appointment to the posts of Lokpal, which has remained vacant for past two and half years, should be done immediately.
- All black money recovered from the demonetisation exercise should be utilized for social security expenditure for creating assured income for farmers and unorganized labour.